Walsh Construction Group currently have an open opportunity for an ambitious Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our team. This position will be both an office and site-based role on Residential & Commercial Projects.
- Assist with tender submittals & prequalification’s, working to tight deadlines.
- Prepare monthly interim valuations with Senior QS.
- Procuring Sub-Contractors /Suppliers for various elements of works, negotiating package, and agreeing final accounts.
- Review and approve invoices from Sub-Contractors/Suppliers weekly.
- On site measuring as the works proceed
- Tracking of variations on site and reporting to the Senior Qs for immediate issue to Client for approval
- Ensuring that Purchase orders for materials, labour, and sub-contractors are placed as agreed for upcoming projects.
- Maintain Walsh Construction Group Pricing Catalogue
- Correspondence with Clients/Clients’ representatives
- General Administration Duties
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- BSc. in Quantity Surveying
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong IT Skills with and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Buildsoft. Working Knowledge of Cubit, Autocad & Bluebeam would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Should have the ability to work well in a team based environment
- Should be honest, flexible, reliable, friendly, confident and quick thinking.
- Ability to use your own initiative and manage workload in a timely way
The successful candidate will work closely with and report to the Senior Qs in Walsh Construction Group. Mentoring will be provided and there is an opportunity to progress within the Company.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org